Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bridal Shower Plans

So as an "older bride" (29), who has been living on her own for the past decade, I have every household gadget imaginable. And if I don't have it, the groom has it at his place. So, when my friends said they wanted to do a Bridal Shower, I thought,  "why? I have more potholders and measuring spoons than I need."

But then I thought.... wait.... I know what I want!

I want things to support my new, healthy lifestyle to support what will be my healthy marriage.

Food:
Guests will bring a healthy dish to share + copies of the recipes to share
Lots of fresh fruit, veggies, whole grains, lean meats
The recipes will be collected in a book that I can take home (my guest book, so to speak)

Games:
Relay races
Soccer shootout
I need some more suggestions! Also need suggestions for prizes!

Registry
I will ask that my guests consider getting me a more active gift rather than the traditional gifts. I've set up an Amazon wish list which contains things I want (hiking boots, swimsuit, running gear, cookbooks, etc). As well as requests for gift certificates to the local rock climbing gym, the kayak rental, sporting good stores and the local roller rink.

I'm looking for suggestions for all aspects of the party, please let me know if you have an idea that will enhance this party!

No comments:

Post a Comment