Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sick and lonely

After our double date with Erica & Bryant, I got sick. I think between the cold weather and the smoke from the fire, it pushed me over the edge. I had a terribly sore throat for three days, lots of coughing, sneezing and congestion.

As a precaution, I decided it best to keep my distance from JG all week. Unfortunately, he left on a business trip in Seattle before I was better. I was pretty bummed that I couldn't say goodbye, but on the upside he was to return a few days later.

This gave me a few more days to get better and to plan a surprise for him. In talking to him, I learned that my surprise wasn't going to work. If a friend had dropped him off at the airport, I was going to ask if I could pick him up. Unfortunately, he and a co-worker drove there and his flight wasn't to get in until midnight on Wednesday.

On Tuesday, he text messages to tell me that he was 'going to see a plane about a girl' and see if he couldn't get on an earlier flight on Wednesday. I didn't really hear from him much that day, so I assumed he wouldn't be in early.

I came home from work to find a big bouquet of flowers (below) on my doorstep with a sweet note!! He'd gotten in early afterall! Since I was feeling reasonably well and after a week and a half of being apart, I called him up and asked him over. We cuddled up and watched a movie, enjoying just being around each other again.

No comments:

Post a Comment