Sunday, February 1, 2009

Reclaiming the Bedroom

So since Mac left, I've been removing his possessions from the apartment and removing anything that reminds me of our life together. The only room in the whole apartment I haven't touched so far, has been the bedroom.

He and I could never find a comforter that we both agreed upon, so we kept the same hand-me-down from my parents that never really fit right. Our bedroom has always been a bit of a hodgepodge of things that was comfortable and relaxing, though lacking in style. Since it was a space we closely shared, I always wanted his input and his approval of the decor. We never really agreed on any of it, so it remained a hodgepodge.

Today, I went a little nuts and in a wave of strong feminist feelings of self confidence, I went on a spending spree and bought an entirely new bedroom set. But can you really put a price on a clear mind? It was great to look at bedding that I didn't have to ask myself, "will Mac like this? Is it too girly?" Today I just got to look and buy based solely on what I wanted. So I went a little on the girly side and decided on red flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment